Pin it here. Thanks!
Well, I’m finally getting around to treating the seashells we brought back from Florida. The shells are beautiful, but man they smell! I’ve had them sitting in grocery bags tied really tight so the stink wouldn’t escape.
Here’s what I did. It’s actually an easy process and works!
1. Divide the shells into two categories: Strong and sturdy vs. delicate
2. Mix equal parts water and bleach into a bowl for the sturdy shells. For the delicate shells use water and dish soap.
3. Let the shells soak for one hour.
4. Use a toothbrush to remove any dirt. I did not take the time to do this.
5. Rinse thoroughly and let dry on paper towels overnight.
Now it’s time to find some cool seashell crafts. Any ideas? Please leave a comment!
I’d love to stay connected.