I’m just having so much fun creating pretties for Christmas. Today, I’m going to show you how to make these quilled snowflake ornaments. Please leave a comment if you have any questions and send me pictures of your finished projects. I would love to see them!
- 8½” x 11″ white or light blue card stock
- ALEENES All Purpose Glue
- Paper Trimmer
- utility knife
1. Cut 14 strips of card stock lengthwise, approximately ¼” thick.
6 strips need to be cut in half.
2. Cut the tip off the toothpick. Cut a ½” slit down the center of the toothpick.
Attach a little tape around the bottom end of the slit to keep it from splitting further.
3. Mark off the circumference of your circle.
4. Using a pencil, mark the paper strips as follows:
- 4 strips at 8 cm. for large teardrops
- 4 strips at 6 cm. for small teardrops
- 8 half strips at 3.5 cm. for circles
- 4 half strips at 4 cm. for diamonds
Here are all the shapes you’ll need for the snowflake.
5. Insert the paper strip into the toothpick.
6. Start rolling the paper around the toothpick. Roll in the direction that will keep the pencil mark on the outside.
7. Let go.
8. Slide off the toothpick.
9. Find your pencil mark. Add glue to the loose paper tip and attach at the pencil mark.
10. Once dry, pinch both ends of the circle to create a teardrop.
To create the diamond shape, start with the teardrop, then pinch the middle sides to make a diamond shape.
11. Glue the tips of the large teardrops together. They should form and X.
12. Apply glue to the lower sides of the small teardrops and slide between large teardrops.
13. Glue two circles to the tip of each large teardrop.
14. Apply glue to the tip of each diamond and slide between the two circles.
15. Let dry. Attach rhinestones to the front and back. Add thread for hanging. Enjoy!
I’d love to stay connected.
(Note- The links in this post are my referral links.)