I was looking for a craft to make with the Bible club girls and came across this great tutorial on how to make stained glass votive candle holders. We had a lot of fun with this easy and decorative project.
- small glass votive candle holder
- tissue paper (colors of your choice)
- scissors or hole punch
- foam brush
- Mod Podge
- votive candle
Here we go!
- Cut the tissue paper to your desired size. I’ve made these votive candle holders using square tissue pieces. You could also punch out shapes. In the pictured example, I used circles and leaves.
- Cover a section of the glass with Mod Podge using the foam brush.
- Stick tissue paper pieces on the Mod Podge and then cover them with more Mod Podge. Be generous. It will dry clear. Layering the paper pieces will look beautiful once the candle light shines through.
- Keep going until the entire glass is covered with tissue paper on the outside (except for the bottom).
- Let it dry. It shouldn’t take more than an hour or so.
- Light the candle and pop it inside.
Enjoy your beautiful creation!
If you enjoyed this post I would be grateful if you pinned it and shared it with friends. Thanks a bunch.
I’d love to stay connected.