After Christmas, I was ready for a change from my usual winter mantle display. After a web search, I found the perfect inspiration at Better Homes and Gardens. I was instantly attracted to all the nature objects.
Here’s the empty canvas.
Here’s the recreated version of my mantle inspiration.
Here’s how it all came together.
- I used two pictures I had previously purchased at TJMaxx.
- I found the driftwood at a pet store in the aquarium department and the two pots and candles at Hobby Lobby at 50% off.
- The birch wood slices were purchased at Floral Accents. (You really should check them out. They have the most beautiful birchwood candle holders!)
- Instead of buying pre-made moss balls I decided to make the moss balls myself.
- The kids and I found the pinecones on a nature walk and the sticks are from our backyard.
- The one addition I made to the inspiration mantle is the wood clock made by my grandfather.
I couldn’t be more pleased with the final results.
Where do you look for decorating inspiration?