Welcome to Art Tuesday!
Today, we will study the painting on page 27 of the book Can You Hear It? by William Lach. Here are links to the piece of art and music in case you weren’t able to get ahold of a book, yet.
Aren’t the kittens adorable? Here are some questions you might want to ask your kids: How many cats do you see? What happened? Whose milk do you think they spilled? Can you see their little tounges? Do you think they are going to get in trouble?
I hope you enjoy the music as much as I do. It’s so funny! This piece is sung by two opera singers. Can you hear the two cats? Can you sing like a cat?
- black, white and red construction paper
- white paint
1. Cut a cat out of white construction paper (use the template found here).
2. Cut a bowl out of red construction paper.
3. Glue the cat and bowl onto the black piece of paper.
4. Use markers to give the cat eyes, a nose and whiskers.
5. Use the white paint for the spilled milk.
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s Art Tuesday lesson. Come back next week for a new project!
(Note – The links in this post are my referral links.)