Here’s a simple chicken casserole recipe I like to make when I don’t have much time.
There have been a lot of sales on boxed stuffing and condensed soup lately which makes it a cheap meal, as well.
- 1 box of stuffing
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 chicken breasts, diced and cooked – *Tip* I pull out and thaw a bag of prepared frozen chicken that I made following this make-ahead chicken recipe.
- Mozarella cheese, shredded
1. Prepare stuffing following directions on box. Spread into an 8″ x 11″ casserole dish.
2. Spread chicken on stuffing.
3. Melt remaining 4 Tbsp. of butter and combine with sour cream and cream of chicken soup.
4. Poor over chicken.
5. Top with mozarella cheese.
6. Bake at 350°F for approx. 30 minutes.
Note – We had this for dinner last night and I meant to take a picture. It was all gone by the time I remembered. Ooops.