Here’s a fun art project for preschoolers. We did this for children’s church and the kids loved watching the colors swirl around. Today, Clara and Nicholas had fun creating unique art using this technique. For more art project ideas check out the Art Tuesday series!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- room temperature milk
- food coloring (two colors)
- dish detergent
- cup of water
- paper towels
1. Place a piece of paper on top of a paper towel.
2. Spoon enough milk on the center of the paper to make a 2 1/2″ puddle.
3. Drop 2 dots of food coloring about an inch apart onto the milk puddle.
4. Drop a dot of dish detergent between the food coloring.
5. Watch the colors swirl. It’s Magic!
6. soak up the milk with paper towels.
7. Let kids finish their masterpiece using watercolors.
Magnificent Magic Swirl!
(Note- The links in this post are my referral links.)