This is one of my favorite cakes to take to church gatherings, family parties, etc. It looks fancy, tastes delicious and is super easy to make.
You start out by baking the cake base (Biskuitboden). This cake base can be topped in many different ways. Today, I’ll show you how to use fruit.
- 1 ½ sticks of butter, softened
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
2. Mix in one egg at a time for about 30 seconds.
3. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually mix into egg mixture.
4. Pour batter into a greased springform.
5. Bake at 350°F for approx. 20 minutes.
6. Let cool.
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- fruit – strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, canned pineapple slices, canned mandarine oranges, canned pears, canned peaches, etc. Choose whatever you like. Topping the entire cake with strawberries when they’re in season tastes especially delicious.
1. Mix the butter and powdered sugar. Use a butter knife and spread a thin layer on the Biskuitboden. This is done to prevent the fruit juice from making the cake soggy.
2. Arrange fruit on cake.
(Note – The links in this post are my referral links.)