Last week I posted about preparing butternut squash for a vegetable side. Gina commented that she was making butternut squash soup and was kind enough to share her recipe.
Squash was on sale this week, so I bought two more to try out the recipe. It was super easy to make and tastes delicious!
- 1 large butternut squash (3-4 lbs.)
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 onion
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of salt
- 2 c. heavy cream
1. Cut squash in half and roast in oven at 350°F for approx. 60 minutes until soft.
2. Scoop it out and put it in a big pot with 4 cups of chicken broth.
3. Brown a chopped onion and add to the pot.
4. Let simmer for 1 hour.
5. Whip it up with hand blender.
6. Season with a pinch of cinnamon, allspice and salt.
7. Add a pint of heavy cream
(Note – The links in this post are my referral links.)