I was recently inspired by some blog posts to try the following experiment.
I put $20 in an envelope for CVS and $20 in one for Walgreens. The challenge is to see how far my $20 will stretch, using manufacturer and store coupons.
Here’s what I got this week.
My envelope still contains $12.48 and $7.78 ECB, a total of $20.26. Yes, you read that correctly. I made $0.26 this week.
- 2 Soaftsoap body wash; used 2 $1 off coupons
Paid $4.41 (with tax); received $4.00 Extra Care Bucks (ECB)
- 3 pkg. Trident gum; used $1 off coupon
- 1 Excedrin (8 count)
- 1 Therma Care
Used $4.oo ECB. Paid $3.11 (with tax); received $1.00 ECB, $0.99 ECB; $3.79 ECB
I received another $2 ECB through e-mail this week.
My envelope still contains $13.56 and $6 Walgreens Bucks (WB), a total of $19.56.
- 1 Walgreens feminine product
Paid $2.00; received $2WB
- 2 pkg. UP2U gum; used $1.00 off manufacturer coupon and 2 $1.00 off store coupons
- 1 Schick Quattro refill; used $4.00 off coupon
- 1 Laffy Taffy; used $2.oo WB
Paid $3.68 (with tax); received $5.00WB
- 2 Colgate Optic White; used 2 $1.50 coupons
- 1 Laffy Taffy; used $5.00WB
Paid $0.62 (with tax); received $6.00WB
Have you scored any great drugstore deals this week?